As we know, FLV, short for Flash Video, is widely adopted by most of online video-sharing sites to deliver videos over the Internet, especially for those video sharing websites, like YouTube, Hulu, MySpace, Google Video, etc. However, the FLV format can't be accepted by most of media players, like windows media player on Windows 7 and Windows XP.
No worry. This tutorial will show you how to convert FLV to AVI for enjoying on your DV, inserting into PPT, editing in windows movie maker, playing on Windows Media Player for Windows 7 or Windows XP, and so on.
First of all, free download Foxreal FLV Converter here, install and run it.
Step 1 Add FLV File
Click "Add" icon to import target FLV file into the FLV to AVI Converter program. Moyea FLV to Video Converter Pro 2 supports all kinds of FLV files without installing extra codecs, such as On2 VP6 video FLV, H263 video FLV, NellyMoser audio FLV, etc.
Step 2 Edit FLV File
Here you can edit the video by cropping and trimming, adjusting the effect, adding text/image/video watermarks to your video with ease.
Step 3 Output Settings
From "Format", you are able to select your desired output format, such as AVI, AVI HD, Divx AVI and Xvid AVI. Click "Settings", video codec, file size, frame rate, resolution are adjustable.
By the way, if you choose "MP3" as the audio codec, you may encounter some problems. For example, the MP3 compressor does not work correctly in video files and often causes the conversion to abort in the middle. So we suggest that use other codecs instead of mp3 will be better
The size of the AVI file depends a lot on the chosen video codec. The old codecs shipped with Windows, such as MJPEG, Microsoft Video 1 are not very efficient. You can use additional codecs from Microsoft or the third party codecs to reduce the file size. DivX and XviD are two of the third party codecs, which produce video with excellent quality and smaller file size. The two are based on MPEG-4, and both can be used with the AVI file format.
However, if you use any non-standard codecs from the AVI file, please keep in mind that the viewer of the created video must have the codecs installed on their PC, too, or your file may not be compatible with all video editing software.
Step 4 Convert FLV to AVI
Click "Convert" button to start FLV to AVI conversion. Batch conversion is also supported. Or, you can check "Merge into one file" to join FLV files with ease.
After conversion, mission accomplished! Then you can get the converted AVI files or file and do what you want. .
- FLV to iPhone 4 - Convert FLV to iPhone 4 with Best FLV to iPhone 4 Converter
- Flash video encoder - Convert video to flash, get a FLV Player embedded HTML file
- HD on Apple TV - How to Get AVCHD video clips on Apple TV?
- FLV to AVI - Convert FLV to AVI video for BlackBerry
- Motorola Milestone 2 Review - Put 720p Videos on Motorola Milestone 2
- Convert Flash Video FLV from YouTube to wmv for Cowon iAudio D2
- How to Convert FLV to MPG?
- FLV to Nexus One - Convert FLV files to Nexus One for playback
- Enjoy Flash Video FLV from YouTube and Google Video on Portable Devices
- AVCHD to Adobe Premiere - Import AVCHD MTS to Adobe Premiere